We run family learning events at least once a term in school and occasionally go to out of school events too.
We arrange fun, stimulating activities to keep parents and children engaged. This provides the opportunity to meet teachers and other parents, alongside being able to play and learn constructively with your children.
Past events have been:-
- Robots Challenge – This was facilitated by a trained professional. The parents/carers and children had to design and build a moving battery operated robot and then carry out races.
- Yoga – This was taken by a yoga teacher and ran over 6 weeks with the same group, the parents and children worked together to create movement.
- Bonfire bonanza- We did some cooking and celebrated around the bonfire.
- Blooming baskets – We decorated watering cans and made hanging baskets to take home.
- Creative Crafts – We created pencil toppers/holders and photo frames
- Chat and play – Lots of activities such as sand water and junk modelling for parents to do with their children and a good chance to chat with and meet other parents.
Out of school events
- Summer time picnic – Parents and children visited Ridley Park for a play and picnic.
- Linden Hall fun day – We provided a bus for parents and children to come along and join in a fun day at Linden Hall with laser quest, disco, horse riding, ice skating and other fun activities.
- Clowning around – A clown came to school and parents and children enjoyed a clown show and some juggling.
- Alnwick Gardens – We provided a bus for families to visit Alnwick Gardens and join in planned events arranged by the Gardens' staff.
For the induction of new parents we also run events similar to these listed and this is a chance for the parents/carers to visit school and spend some time with their child, building relationships with school staff and other parents in the school and also the chance to see the school.