We are proud to share with you that we are working towards achieving the Excellence in Pupil Development Award.
Our core purpose is to support pupils to become effective learners. In doing so, we optimise their future life chances by unlocking their individual potential and maximising their progress and attainment.
We aim to promote pupil’s personal development by supporting them to accept, respect and show tolerance and kindness towards others.
Our curriculum intent and implementation has been created to support every child to develop the Life Skills and Basic Skills they need to succeed and thrive both now and in their future.
This award will support us to monitor our current provision and support us in developing our offer even further.
The award offers a structured framework to evaluate and enrich our offer for personal development in school.
The award will consider:
- Curriculum – embedding the knowledge and skills for personal development are into the whole-school curriculum.
- Behaviour – Setting high expectations for pupil behaviour and conduct, including punctuality and attendance.
- Responsible citizens – Promoting positive attitudes from pupils towards their own learning, towards each other, and towards the wider community.
- Local partnerships – Engaging with local groups and parents to deliver enrichment activities that develop pupils’ confidence, responsibility and leadership skills.
- External organisations – Actively enlisting the support of national and international agencies to help raise pupils’ aspirations for their future.
- Professional development – Committing to high-quality, ongoing staff CPD so that all staff can build and support pupils’ personal development.