At the Dales School, the children are at the centre of everything we do. Our priority is to deliver the highest quality teaching and learning through providing rich, engaging and enjoyable learning experiences for our pupils. Everything we do as a school is to ensure that all pupils achieve their very best in all aspects of their development.
We aim to:
- Provide a safe, secure and stimulating environment that is conducive to all children having every opportunity to reach their full potential.
- Have the highest regard and respect for the experiences, knowledge and cultural diversity that every child brings to school.
- Value the achievements of all children, both in and out of school.
- Include opportunities for all children to develop self-confidence, self-esteem and self-efficacy.
- Provide a supportive culture in which all staff are encouraged to extend, develop and share excellent practice and their expertise.
- Ensure that issues of equal opportunities are considered in all our work.
- Provide a curriculum based on the National Curriculum and Foundation Stage Curriculum that is broad, balanced, relevant, progressive and appropriately differentiated and supported.
- Offer all children equal access to the curriculum and school life in the community where individual differences are appreciated, celebrated, understood and accepted.
- Encourage and support pupils to become good citizens, by developing a caring attitude and respect towards themselves, other children, adults, their school and their community.
- Recognise that children are constantly developing and ensure that the learning opportunities, interventions and curriculum provided to them is appropriate to their needs and development.
- Encourage each individual to take responsibility for his/her own behaviour and to act as a good role model to others.
Everyone in Our School Community Aims:
- To provide the highest standards of teaching and to progress knowledge, concepts and skills through learning experiences that challenge everyone’s potential, develops from their needs and builds on their success.
- For teaching and learning to be fun, enjoyable and motivating and which optimises learning key, core and life skills within meaningful contexts through an enriched curriculum.
- To nurture and progress the independence of every learner through their choices being central to their learning and future options. For all in school to have a ‘voice’ that is valued.
- To ensure an inclusive approach to learning that prioritises equality of access and opportunity through everyone being respectful of each other, our school environment and the wider community and which builds an understanding of ‘right’ and ‘wrong’.
- To value parental contributions to their child’s learning and school life and sustaining a strong partnership based upon open communications which build trust and mutual respect.
- To liaise with, learn from and support schools in our local partnerships in Northumberland and beyond.
- To sustain and further develop our Business and Community Partner links.
- For our working surroundings to provide a welcoming, supportive, happy and safe environment for everyone and for healthy lifestyles to be encouraged and supported through whole school events which celebrate traditions, cultures and festivals from Britain and around the world.