Family Support at The Dales
Did You Know?
- Because your child has an EHCP, and is classed as having a disability, you are entitled to claim disability living allowance.
- You can claim Carers Allowance if you are receiving middle rate DLA for the care component.
- If your child is over the age of 5, they are entitled to a Bus Pass.
- If your child is over the age of 8, they are entitled to a Cinema Pass.
- You can apply to the Family Fund Charity for a grant which can be spent on equipment/ resources to help your child.
For further information on any of the above, please do not hesitate to contact the family support team.
Blythdale: Glynis Burn / Tracy Henderson
Ashdale: Demi Stroughton
Family Support Update
Welcome back to the second half of our Autumn Term. Just a brief update on what support is available from The Family Support Team at The Dales.
Unfortunately, due to the current situation we have been unable to offer our normal parent/carers activities and meetings. However, Glynis, Tracy (Blythdale) and Demi (Ashdale) are available to talk at any time.
We wanted to share some support that is available to families and with another lockdown looming, these are certainly unsettled and worrying times. We all want to work together to ensure that our children and families are supported.
We already have support from Greggs to continue to provide breakfast for all of our children in school. We now have access to the Greggs Hardship Grant, and if you would like further information about this, then please contact us.
Blyth Food Bank are also accepting referrals for families in need, and we can do this on your behalf.
(We are also looking to supporting the Blyth Food Bank with donations from our staff, or anyone else who is able).
Northumberland Communities Together
Volunteers who provide support for shopping, collecting prescriptions etc. for people who are vulnerable or self isolating. Financial advice is also available.
Please contact the Northumberland Communities Together Response Hub.
Phone: 01670 620015 between 9am to 6pm, seven days a week.
Please do not hesitate to contact Glynis, Tracy or Demi regarding any support you may need. We are continuing to work together to support our children and families.