The Dales is a happy, safe and supportive school where everyone is valued equally and nurtured to learn and thrive. Our values are central to achieving our aims and sustaining the positive ethos of our school. As a moral compass, our values guide us day-to-day in our learning, thinking and decision-making. The impact of our values is evident in the culture and lived experience of daily school life for everyone.
All individuals at The Dales School demonstrate that we value and promote:
- Honesty, by telling the truth and being true to our word
- Respect, by valuing the diversity, rights and property of others
- Teamwork, by working together appropriately to achieve our aims; demonstrating trustworthiness and consideration to others
- Responsibility, by contributing positively to our whole school community, by accepting the consequences of actions and by agreeing and following simple rules
- Resilience, by overcoming difficulties, striving to achieve our best and valuing also the achievements of others
- Kindness, by showing compassion, thoughtfulness and consideration to ourselves and others
In living these values, we enjoy our time in school and develop strong relationships, self-esteem and personal values.
All individuals at The Dales School reject and challenge:
- Discrimination of any type,
- Irresponsible or thoughtless behaviours.
Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural Education is intrinsic to our school culture and ethos, we demonstrate this by:
- Valuing learning with, from and on behalf of each other in school and beyond;
- Valuing flexible, creative and open thinking and approaches that are solution focussed;
- Valuing and respecting everyone equally whilst acknowledging individuality and diversity;
- Valuing, listening to and respecting each other’s opinions
- Valuing and caring about the environment and being actively involved in our community;
- Supporting, nurturing and caring for each other;
- Being kind, thoughtful and considerate with each other.
Our class staff teams are deeply aware that children only get one chance at their education and our purpose is to ensure that they all fulfil their individual potential and aspire for the highest levels of personal development, behaviour and achievement. We want every child to be successful so that when they leave us, they have developed a love of learning that goes with them to their next school and for the rest of their lives.