Blythdale – Bubble 2
As you are aware, The Dales School is having to limit the number of children attending school each day to ensure the necessary health and safety measures are in place for both children and staff to keep everyone as safe as possible.
During this time we want to do everything we can to support you and your child at home with their learning journey. Our aim is to work closely with you to provide a personalised approach to home learning so that your child can make good progress in all areas of their development.
We recognise that every family’s situation is different and hope that you and your child are able to make good use of our offer.
- We will telephone you each week to discuss how we can support your child.
- We will provide a pack of resources to support your child with their learning including a visual timetable.
- We will share your child’s basic and life skills targets with suggestions of how they can be supported at home.
- We will provide you with a range of resources both online and in paper based forms to supplement our planned activities.
- We will provide three learning activities per day that cover a range of curriculum areas. These will be posted on Tapestry or included in your pack.
- We will arrange a live Zoom session twice weekly so that your child can see and communicate with their staff team and classmates.
Our timetable will stay the same each week so that the children know what to expect. You can access the activities at times that are suited to you throughout the day and set your child’s timetables up as you see best fit.
|Activity 1||Activity 2||Activity 3|
|Monday||Zones of Regulation session -face to face||Maths learning||Story linked to theme with a task|
|Tuesday||Cooking with a maths focus||Understanding of the world||Computing -E-Safety|
|Story linked to theme with a task||Maths learning|
|Thursday||Music session||Story linked to theme with a task||Access to zoom face to face session|
|Friday||Art session||Understanding of the world||Therapeutic activity
We hope that your child will have a positive experience of learning at home. Remember sometimes you just need to stop, go outside, watch TV or play a game. There are staff available at Blythdale to talk to if you have any concerns.
Many thanks for your continued support
Liz Sanderson and the Bubble 2 team