We had some special guests in school. Noel Forte and his team from Henkel came to demonstrate how to apply the weatherproofing product to the train. Henkel have kindly donated £50,000 of Weatherproofing products for the train project. This means there will be no water damage to the train. Thank you to John McCafferty, Mark Patterson, Barry Lewis.
- Child Car Seat Safety – according to In car child safety – Safety Seats, Boosters, Law and advice (goodeggcarsafety.com), 9/10 car seats are fitted incorrectly
- Child Safety
- Cycling for Families
- Drivers – everything you need to know to help you get your licence and keep it
- Parents of Drivers
- Riders – a guide for riders of scooters, mopeds and 125cc motorbikes
- Older Road Users – a guide for drivers, pedestrians, cyclists and public transport users
- 1st Sunday of the month 11am-12.30pm at Sporting Club Cramlington
- 2nd Saturday of the month 1.30-3pm at Blyth Sports Centre
- 3rd Sunday of the month 2-3.30pm at Prudhoe Community High School
- 4th Saturday of the month 1.30-3pm at Jarrow Focus
- Every Tuesday 4-5pm at Eagles Basketball Arena, Newcastle (book through Eagles Community Foundation)
- Every Tuesday 5-6pm at Eagles Basketball Arena, Newcastle (book through Eagles Community Foundation)
- Every Wednesday 5.30-6.30pm at Cramlington Sporting Club
- Every Thursday 6.30-7.30pm at The Louisa Centre, Stanley
- Every Wednesday 10.30-11.30am at The Parks Sport Centre, North Shields
- A spotlight article on Northumberland ‘Be You’ – children and young people’s emotional health and wellbeing support
- A feature article on Calmer Therapy group – Morpeth
- Information from various organisations and the activities and support they provide in the north east for children, young people, and their parents/carers. There are some Christmas activities, which we hope you enjoy.
Pathways 4 All is a parent led charity, providing family centred play and leisure opportunities for disabled children, teens and young adults.
As well as their usual term time hours at the Tim Lamb Centre, they also welcome new parents to their coffee mornings, which take place at the centre, 9.30-11.30 Thursday mornings term-time. Refreshments are free.
For more information you can search them on Facebook, or you can visit their website at www.pathways4all.co.uk
We have now started our Family Partnership Meetings, and it has been really nice to meet you and chat ‘face to face’.
We look forward to meeting you all over the next few weeks.
In the meantime, if you have anything you would like to discuss with the Family Team, then please do not hesitate to contact us.
We have also posted on the Website and our Facebook page, information about the Max Card. This card gives discount or free entry to many venues across Northumberland, and further afield. We can also support you with your application.
Glynis & Tracy (Blythdale)
Jan & Demi (Ashdale)
One in four children in the UK are not getting enough sleep, this has an impact on their behaviour and ability to learn, as well as their physical health.
The National Sleep helpline is run by trained sleep advisors who can talk to young people directly, or their parents.
The helpline is open 5 nights a week, Sunday to Thursday, 7-9pm and the number is freephone 03303 530 541.
You can read more here: https://thesleepcharity.org.uk/national-sleep-helpline/